[sane-devel] Problems with the canon backend for a canoscan 2700F.
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:42:24 +0200
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:56:46PM +0200, Sigurd Stordal wrote:
> It will take a preview without problem, but when I choose scan in xsane, I get
> a "failed to start scanner: invalid argument", error. I get the same error
> when trying xscanimage. Xsane 0.90, xscanimage 1.0.9. Sane-backends 1.0.12.
> Had previous problems with backend 1.0.10, giving strange colours in the
> scanner, this has been fixed no, but no there is this error. could it be a
> scsi problem.
I'm not a Canon expert, the canon backend maintainer may know more
details. But nevertheless some general hints:
* Make sure that you don't mix top-left and bottom-right coordinates.
I don't know if that's possible with this frontend/backend
combination but you never know. When you select what to scan, start
with the top-left edge
* The difference between preview and actual scan is usually only the
resolution and sometimes scan mode. So try some differnt resolutions
and modes (if the backend supports that).
* Does scanimage show the same behaviour? E.g. try
* You can enable debugging like this:
SANE_DEBUG_CANON=255 xsane 2>logfile
(and now scan an image and show us the logfile)
* If it's a SCSI problem, the SCSI adapter and kernel version you use
may be of interest