[sane-devel] umax 2200 scsi no go under SuSE-8.2

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:54:19 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 05:19:07PM +0200, fsanta wrote:
> Hi. Could anyone tell me how to do this. . ."disabling synchronous transfers
> in your SCSI driver or the BIOS..."

I've tried to explain that in my other mail:

"I don't have your scanner or your card so I don't have personal
experiences with this combination. But the "synchronous tranfer" SCSI
feature seems to make trouble with many older SCSI scanners. And your
kernel complains about it so it may be worth a try. Check the
documentation in the Linux source code. Which SCSI driver do you use
for the 2904?"

I really don't know which SCSI driver you use. Check the README for
that SCSI driver or the code itsself. If tell us which driver you use,
maybe someone else knows the details.

I don't think your SCSI adapter has a BIOS. But it's your hardware so
you should know better :-)