[sane-devel] Visioneer 5800 backend

jollyprince@juno.com jollyprince@juno.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:01:09 GMT

I'm interested in writing a backend for my Visioneer 5800.  I've written some C code in my lifetime but that's about all the prerequisites that I have to bring to the project.

I've opened up the box but couldn't get to the chipset for fear of damaging the wiring harness.  Any suggestions about getting the maximum info about the product.  I'm told it's a LM9832 chipset.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Can anyone recommend an example of a working backend that would be similar to what a Visioneer backend might look like?

I've studied a bunch of stuff and feel lost in an information explosion.  Any tips and shortcuts that are applicable would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!