[sane-devel] Visioneer 5800

Steven Ellis pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 22:08:53 BST 2003

--- Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 01:30:22AM +0000,
> jollyprince at juno.com wrote:
> > I'm a newbie who just got his USB printer working
> and decided to
> > tackle the scanner next.  So far I've found the
> Vendor number and
> > Product ID and inserted them into the modules.conf
> file.
>
> The scanner isn't even in our list of scanners. That
> usually means it
> is not supported by any SANE backend.

This is a 48bit scanner and as such won't work with
the viceo backend (http://viceo.orcon.net.nz) that
supports E3 and E4 chipset families. Its probably E5
which appears to be LM9832 based but you will need to
open your scanner to confirm this.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk