[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner can find my scanner, but Xsane can't?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Jun 28 16:51:03 BST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 03:23:08PM +0200, Christoffer Holm Kjølbæk wrote:
> I have a Canon LiDe30, wich shuold be supported by sane

It is, but the comment says "Poor color picture quality".

> And if I run sane-find-scanner, it finds the scanner at /dev/usb/scanner0

Ok, so it was found by the kernel scanner driver.

> But, Xsane says, that there is no devices available, why?

Without further details, nobody knows. Maybe your version of SANE is
too old? If this is not the case, you could try sane-troubleshoot to
find out what's wrong:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/sts/