[sane-devel] Any umax persons still on the list?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Jun 28 21:56:21 BST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 09:05:28PM +0200, fsanta wrote:
> Astra 2200 works with SuSE 8.1 but not with 8.2

Most people don't know what that means. What changed between these
versions? i.e. kernel version + sane version? Try to find out what
change causes the problem by using the old kernel or the old sane
version.

> Here is the error message:
>
> Jun 24 12:24:37 sbs3 kernel: (scsi0:A:5:0): refuses
> synchronous negotiation. Using asynchronous transfers
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get 'synchronous transfers'?

I don't think it helps to repeat your questions without providing more
information on what you did. As I said stuff like "sync negotiotaion"
is done in the kernel SCSI driver.

> Adaptec 2904 scsi card with astra 2200su

Have you tried an older kernel or using the old SCSI driver as
explained in my other mail?