[sane-devel] How to combine scanned images together and print them as a file

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:03:43 +0800

Hi Henning,

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
- snip -

> That works with convert like I described. If it complains about the
> images, they are most probably corrupt. Maybe an xsane/backend problem.

Yes, "convert" is a powerful tool.  I made several test scannings but I
could get rid of the mistake having 3 same images lying side by side if
I scanned on grey scale.  Those images only occupied 1/3 of the page
(DIN A4).  There was no complaint when I issued the "convert" command to
create a book.pdf.  Colour scanning did not have this problem.

> What I don't understand: do you want to print the resulting file or do
> you want to get a PDF? While PDF and postscript are similar,
> postscript is usually used for pronting.

No, printing is not necessary.  I need a PDF file for document storage
only as well as despatching the same to my friends who need it.

>>I came from Windows, PageKeeper or OmniPager or PaperPort will do
>>the job and then print all images to a pdf file forming a book.  They
>>also have simple graphic edition tools.
>

> Well, how much simpler can you do that doing your whole task in one
> line in some seconds? :-)

Scan the documents, with drag and drop action move around their images
including stacking and unstacking, write note on the images and touch
the images with the graphic tools of the software.  The most worderful
thing is the image can be transferred amongst those software so that you
can apply the specific function of each software to finish your job.
Most the time I used those software scanning paper documents and create
a strong database bank.

B.Regards
Stephen