[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 3500C

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:16:20 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:25:36PM +0100, Philipp Doersek wrote:
> I own the HP ScanJet 3500C, and I would love to use it with SANE. Does
> anybody of you know of such an effort?

As far as I know, there is no news about this scanner. That's all we
know about it:
http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hewlett-packard&model=3500&bus=any

> I would like to support it, but I don't have enough knowledge about
> system programming to do it on my own.

You don't need to know anything about system programming. You need
patience and documentation. If you don't get documentation from the
vendor, you need more patience to find out how the scanner works. The
actual programming isn't that difficult.