[sane-devel] how to scan a multipage document with no adf?

sane-in@interlinx.bc.ca sane-in@interlinx.bc.ca
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:59:26 -0500

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

Hello.  I have an HP PSC 705 and am using the hpoj sane backend.  This
unit is a flatbed scanner with no adf.  I am wondering which tool I
can use to scan a multipage document (where I have to manually put
each page on the bed of the scanner).  The results I want are a single
document file with 3 pages in it.  I have looked at xsane and
xscanimage and cannot see a way to make either do a multipage document
without an adf.

What format is best to use to contain a multiplage document?  TIFF?
Is there a more universal format?  I dunno what software the receiver
of this document has to view the result so some format that a Windows
box is likely to read would be needed.

Compression is important as this document will be e-mailed. =20

Thanx,
b.

--=20
Brian J. Murrell