[sane-devel] Normal or destructive behaviour when starting SANE?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:28:48 +0100

Hi,

> I think I'm using libusb, but I've not checked.

It shouldn't matter which driver you use.

> Between my posting and your response it's possible I've solved the
> problem by commenting out all the details listed for other scanners
> in snapscan.config.

If you're referring to the "usb" statements: These values are only
used for queries on the usb layer. They do not even result in
commands send to the scanner. Whether you have 1 query or 100 won't
change the data transfer to and from the scanner.

> A couple of reboots and starting Xsane each time has produced a
> perfectly uneventful start for the scanner.

In most cases this is a firmware file issue. Are you sure you had the
correct firmware file in snapscan.conf when the noises occured?

Regards,

Oliver