[sane-devel] [Q] Mustek 1200UB, halftone images

jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:09:26 -0600 (CST)

I've had a Mustek 1200UB for a couple of years now, and have been using it
with a version of scanimage that was distributed by Mustek at the time I
bought it.  It's been working fine.

I just moved it to a new computer which has Red Hat 7.3 and SANE 1.0.7
When I scan a halftone picture with this setup it looks awful; I guess
it's Moire interference.

I haven't been able to install the old Mustek version of scanimage on the
new machine, for some reason, trying both the binary rpm and the source.
The binary rpm complains about needing a libgimp, and the source version
gets some compile errors.