[sane-devel] [Q] Mustek 1200UB, halftone images

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:23:04 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 07:09:26PM -0600, jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu wrote:
> I've had a Mustek 1200UB for a couple of years now, and have been using it
> with a version of scanimage that was distributed by Mustek at the time I
> bought it.  It's been working fine.
>
> I just moved it to a new computer which has Red Hat 7.3 and SANE 1.0.7

Oh well, that's old :-) Anyway, it should work.

> When I scan a halftone picture with this setup it looks awful; I guess
> it's Moire interference.

Something is wrong here, the mustek_usb backend doesn't support
halftone mode at all. And as far as I remember, the original Mustek
backend didn't either. Do you mean lineart (black/white) mode?

I just tried lineart mode with this scanner and the result was ok as
far as I could see. Could you show us the exact options you use for
scanimage and put an example image somewhere on a website?

> I haven't been able to install the old Mustek version of scanimage on the
> new machine, for some reason, trying both the binary rpm and the source.
> The binary rpm complains about needing a libgimp, and the source version
> gets some compile errors.

For the original Mustek version, ask Mustek for help.