[sane-devel] Epson Transparency Unit: How to select bay

Peter Ehrenberg pe@dipe.de
29 Mar 2003 19:10:46 +0100

I'm using a Epson 2400 Photo for scanning slides. For automation
purpose I want to use the epson backend option '-bay', witch seems
to select one of the 4 (or 6) slide bays to scan.

But this option is always declared as inactive:

    $ scanimage --help \
    >   --device-name epson:/dev/usbscanner0 \
    >   --source "Transparency Unit"
    Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...
                    .
                    .
                    .
        --bay  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [inactive]
            select bay to scan

So not surprising giving the -bay option results into this error:

    $ scanimage --device-name epson:/dev/usbscanner0 \
    >   --format pnm \
    >   --verbose --mode Color \
    >   --film-type "Positive Film" \
    >   --focus-position "Focus 2.5mm above glass" \
    >   --bay 1 >image.pnm
    scanimage: attempted to set inactive option bay

How to activate the -bay option?

Thanks for any help.

Peter