[sane-devel] Off set printing (only as root)

Sat, 3 May 2003 19:18:59 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 04:24:33PM +0000, stephanos@writeme.com wrote:
> I am not 100 per cent sure this is the right forum for this
> enquiry about printing offset using an Epsom C80, CUPS (v that
> came with Mandrake 8.2).

It's not the right list. This is about SANE (Scanner Access now Easy).

> Offset printing is when a page is printed with a greater margin
> on one side because that side is going to be bound.  Where a
> project is going to be printed on both sides then the left page
> is offset from the right margin by one centimetre (i.e the right
> margin is one centimetre bigger)and the right page is offsett
> from the left margin by one centimetre.
>
> I am using Open Ofice 1.0 and the printer options do not include
> offset.

I've only StarOffice but maybe it's similar in this respect. What you
want to do has nothing to do with the printer. It's a page setting.
Check if the page settings allow to set the margins for double-sided
printing. My StarOffice box provides the following setting (roughly,
it's translated from German): Page layout (set to mirror or
double-sied or similar). Then you can set the inner margin bigger then
the outer one.