[sane-devel] Feature freeze and beta snapshots for sane-backends 1.0.12

Sun, 4 May 2003 17:40:22 +0200

Hi,

Since today, we are in feature freeze. That means that only bug fixes
and documentation updates are allowed until release.

There is a snapshot of the current CVS at
ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/ (sane-backends-1.0.12-pre1.tar.gz).

Please test on all available platforms. I'm especially interested in
some tests of SCSI scanners on MacOS X.

Further timetable:
2003-05-18 code freeze
2003-05-25 release

After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a backend
completely unusable or break compilation and documentation updates are
accepted.

I'll append the NEWS file for 1.0.12.

New with 1.0.12, released 2003-05-25:

* New backends: hp5400 (Hewlett Packard 54XX series), ibm (IBM 2456, Ricoh
  IS-410, IS-420, and IS-430), and ma1509 (Mustek BearPaw 1200F).
* Updated backends: apple, as6e, avision, canon (FB1200S), canon630u, dc210,
  dc240, dll, epson, fujitsu (fi4220), gphoto2, gt68xx, hp, mustek, mustek_pp,
  mustek_usb, net, pie, plustek, snapscan (Agfa Arcus 1200, Epson Perfection
  660), teco2 (Relisys AVEC II S3, Relisys APOLLO Express 3 and Primax Jewel
  4800), test, umax, umax_pp.
* Added IPv6 support for saned and net backend.
* Added SCSI support for MacOS X.
* Build system improvements.
* USB access improvements.
* Portability fixes (especially for Irix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Linux/m68k).
* Added new (nl) and updated existing translations.
* Documentation updates.
* Bugfixes.