[sane-devel] Why is the background of the scanned image not a constant grayscale

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:06:18 +1000

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:31:17AM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I still do not quite understand. When I tried to scan the same image using
> Twain, there was no gray background. What could be the reason?
>=20
> And I could not find the option to set the option brightness/contrast whe=
n I
> ran: scanimage --help -d fujitsu:/dev/usb/scanner0.

Perhaps you need to do some calibration? The HP5400 scanner has a white
strip inside the scanner which you scan first. That gives the white level
for each colour and pixel. That's then used to fix up the rest of the
image.

--=20
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--