[sane-devel] gamma table value

F J Brooks F J Brooks" <fred@redgrave.screaming.net
Thu, 15 May 2003 08:23:38 +0100

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003  "Major A" <andras@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Fred,
>
> I think I've understood some of the problems you're having with
> GNU/Linux and SANE, so let me comment on your email.

Thank you very much, Andras, for your contribution.

I have carefully noted what you have to say.

I hope that you will not think me discourteous or ungrateful if I observe
that, unfortunately, it doesn't help me solve my current 'gamma-table' error
message problem.

I've given up on the desktop 'Scanner' icon - as no-one seems able to
provide a solution to the 'gamma-table' problem - and am pursuing XSane.
I'll see how I get on with that.

An idle thought: "As I'm an unashamed, lazy 'icon-clicker' - rather than a
'command-line-freak' [!!!], when I do get XSane working (which I am
confident I shall), it would be nice if I could 'convert' the 'Scanner' icon
on my desktop to an 'XSane' icon - then I can call up XSane more easily -
rather than having to go thru the tedious business of raising a shell, then
typing a command".

I know that this is absolute heresy to the Linux community, and I shall be
abused - if not 'drummed-out [!!!]

Is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks again, anyway.

Best