[sane-devel] gamma table value

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Thu, 15 May 2003 11:18:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

When you have read all this documents, why havent't you contacted the
Avision backend author (me) or choosed a subject for your mail which
I cany easily pick up ("gamma table values" -> "avision backend does
not work properly"). I do not have the time to read any mail on the
internet and also not to read all from this list ...

On: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:23:38 +0100,
    "F J Brooks" <fred@redgrave.screaming.net> wrote:

> I've given up on the desktop 'Scanner' icon - as no-one seems able to=

> provide a solution to the 'gamma-table' problem - and am pursuing XSa=
ne.
> I'll see how I get on with that.

XSane will not be different when the low-level communication is not
working reliable.

Can you run these commands (in the same terminal on your desktop) and
mail me the output? Please power-cycle the scanner so that it is in a
clean state!

export SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D7
scanimage -L
scanimage -l 5mm -t 5mm -x 15mm -y 15mm  > scanner-name.png

Those commands are also listed on my SANE/Avision homepage ...

> An idle thought: "As I'm an unashamed, lazy 'icon-clicker' - rather t=
han a
> 'command-line-freak' [!!!], when I do get XSane working (which I am
> confident I shall), it would be nice if I could 'convert' the 'Scanne=
r' icon
> on my desktop to an 'XSane' icon - then I can call up XSane more easi=
ly -
> rather than having to go thru the tedious business of raising a shell=
, then
> typing a command".

As written above when the driver does not work reliably a different
GUI application will not make any difference ... And I hope all your
re-/installation you wrote in the other mails did not made too much
harm to your system ...

> I know that this is absolute heresy to the Linux community, and I sha=
ll be
> abused - if not 'drummed-out [!!!]
> =

> Is this possible? Any ideas?

Replacing the icon? Sure it is possible. Simply right-click and select
properties and change the command to xsane ... (if I guess correct -
do not have SuSE anywhere ...)

> Thanks again, anyway.
> =

> Best