[sane-devel] can not initialize sane when linux system booting up

Tue, 20 May 2003 17:30:04 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:32:38PM +1200, Frank wrote:
> Even though I have completely re-partitioned [more partitions]
> my hard drive [though same spot as mdk9.0 install] before
> installing mdk9.1, I have my acer 640u scanner running great
> guns. Is it possible that this latest install was able to use
> my previously configured scanner settings??????????

That would be magic :-)

Maybe your scanner just don't need any setup? Most scanners don't need
fiddling with the config files.

> Hmmmm............ might explain why I have website history in my
> browsers first time up with 9.1

Uh, well, are you sure there is no ghost in your house? :-)

But honestly, if you only repartition your system and forget to create
a new filesystem on a partition you may get this effect (if the start
of the partition stays the same).