[sane-devel] well, I'm a retrurning user of sane... got some questions.

Fri, 23 May 2003 12:57:05 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:36:18AM -0700, technomage wrote:
> I placed a saned file under the xinet.d folder complete with the details from
> the saned man page. I cannot report any success in it allowing hosts from
> other boxes in my lan to connect. I have restarted xinetd to make sure things
> were go

Does it get started at all? Run "telnet localhost sane". Do you get a
"connection refused" or does it wait for input? If it waits, saned
runs ok. Otherwise check /var/log/messages (or wherever xinetd places
its messages) for errors.

Does the saned user and group exist?

> (chkconfig reports saned is on but ps aex |grep saned reports that
> there is no process under that name).

saned is started by xinetd when you connect to the port, so that's
noemal.

> if I manually run saned, I can connect fine until I quite the application on
> the remote machine (then saned quits).

That's intended behaviour for the debug mode.

bye,
  Henning