[sane-devel] Reflecta digitdia 3600 slide scanner

Fri, 23 May 2003 19:42:07 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 05:44:01PM +0200, Thomas Hahn wrote:
> today I couldn't resist and ordered such a reflecta scanner.
> Its main feature is the capability to scan slides in their native
> magazine. Meaning you dont have to take the slides out of the magazine
> in order to scan it.
> Batch scanning should be easily possible.
> External interfaces are USB2 and Firewire.
> Trying google, I didnt find many hits with sane and reflecta.

It's not mentioned in our lists either.

> So I guess, this scanner will not be supported and I have to use
> the program that comes with the package under M$.

You could check if vuescan (commercial software) supports it.

> Any comments?

Check if it's compatible to other supported film scanners.
When you have it, please plug it in under Linux and show us the output
of /proc/bus/usb/devices.

Oh, and start writing a backend, please :-)

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/unsupported.html