[sane-devel] scanner flakiness in mandrake 9.x

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 08:54:04 +0200

Hi,

because it can be very dangerous to generally grant users access to
generic SCSI-devices, this step must be performed manually.
Unfortunately you only get a hint from sane-find-scanner about the
permissions when running it as non-root. Maybe someone can add an
additional hint when a SCSI-device was found. This should tell about the
manual page of sane-scsi. There is described what you have figured out.

--Peter