[sane-devel] suddenly problems opening /dev/usbscanner0

Christoph Bier christoph.bier@web.de
Thu, 29 May 2003 20:37:49 +0200

Hi all!

For some reason I have suddenly problems
opening /dev/usbscanner0. Everything worked
for months now. As a Debian User i regularly
(apt-get) upgrade my system -- concerning
Sane using
deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/SANE stable main.
I started successfully with SANE 1.0.10-1 and
am now running 1.0.10-2. At work I run the
same packages, system, configuration and scanner
(Mustek BearPaw CU Plus) without any problems.
The upgrade didn't change gt68xx.conf!
    scanimage -L tells me:
device `gt68xx:/dev/usbscanner0' is a Mustek
BearPaw 2400 CU Plus flatbed scanner.
    But starting xsane I got the message:
Failed to open device `gt68xx:/dev/usbscanner0':
Error during device I/O.
     'SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 xsane' as
proposed by Henning some months ago doesn't
tell me that much :-/.
    xsane is Version 0.91-2

I know, that sounds quite strange and I'm very
confused. But maybe anybody has a hint for
me.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Christoph
--
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier@wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und