[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Second pre-release of sane-backends 1.0.13 available
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:28:40 +0100
The second pre-release of sane-backends 1.0.13 is available at
This pre-release contains a few fixes for compilation and run-time
problems on several platforms. Also the Epson 1670 should work now and
the fujitsu backend was updated.
I'll attach the NEWS file for an overview of the changes.
Please test this snapshot on every available platform and report bugs
to our bug-tracking system or to the sane-devel mailing list.
For questions and comments, please follow-up to the sane-devel mailing
New with 1.0.13, released 2003-11-22:
* New backends: mustek_pp_ccd (for Mustek parport CCD scanners),
plustek_pp (for Plustek parport scanners, splitted from the plustek backend).
* Updated backends: avision, canon630u, epson, fujitsu, gphoto2, gt68xx, hp,
hp5400, mustek, plustek, snapscan, teco2, test, umax, umax_pp.
* New internal interface for parport scanners.
* Networking (IPv6 + subnet support) fixes + updates.
* sane-find-scanner can detect some USB scanner chipsets now.
* Better support for threading.
* Port to MS Windows (Cygwin).
* Portability fixes (especially for FreeBSD, MacOS X, OS/2).
* Build system improvements.
* Added new (Bulgarian, Czech and Italian) and updated existing translations.
* The level of support for scanners is now: unsupported, minimal, basic, good,
complete or untested (instead of alpha, beta, stable).
* Documentation updates.