[sane-devel] problem with epson gt-300

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:50:33 -0500

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

This scanner was supported at one time, but I don't have any parallel port
scanners, and therefore no way to test changes that I make to the software.

The information that's printed to the console means that the backend did
not receive any useful information regarding the language level that the
scanner supports. This should be something like A5, B3 ... B8, D1
In your case it's &@, which is not even close to valid data. The backend
therefore tries to "talk" to the scanner with the B3 command level -
which should be OK for the GT-300. However, since we received garbage
for the command level, it's very likely that we never received good
information in the first place and that the scanner is not communicating
with us.=20

Can you please try to capture a debug log. YOu can do this by setting the=
=20
the debug variable:
export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3D128
scanimage > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1

Then please attach the file /tmp/scan.log to an email to me.

Thanks,

Karl Heinz