[sane-devel] Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.13 is active
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:11:01 +0100
Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.13 is active now. After code freeze
only fixes of grave bugs that render a backend completely unusable or
break compilation and documentation updates are accepted. If in doubt,
please ask sane-devel before comitting.
It's now also time to update the translations and documentation.
I'll attach the NEWS file.
New with 1.0.13, released 2003-11-22:
* New backends: mustek_pp_ccd (for Mustek parport CCD scanners),
plustek_pp (for Plustek parport scanners, splitted from the plustek backend).
* Updated backends: avision, canon630u, coolscan, epson, fujitsu, gphoto2,
gt68xx, hp, hp5400, mustek, mustek_pp, pie, plustek, snapscan, teco2, test,
* New internal interface for parport scanners.
* Networking (IPv6 + subnet support) fixes + updates.
* sane-find-scanner can detect some USB scanner chipsets now.
* Better support for threading.
* Port to MS Windows (Cygwin).
* Portability fixes (especially for FreeBSD, MacOS X, OS/2).
* Build system improvements.
* Added new (Bulgarian, Czech and Italian) and updated existing translations.
* The level of support for scanners is now: unsupported, minimal, basic, good,
complete or untested (instead of alpha, beta, stable).
* Documentation updates.