[sane-devel] Release of sane-backends 1.0.13
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:06:39 +0100
I'm pleased to announce the availability of sane-backends 1.0.13. See
the news entry on the SANE webserver:
Thanks to everyone for maintaining backends, creating new ones, fixing
bugs, commenting on bugs and misfeatures, and providing support on
I'll append the NEWS file for this release. All the details can be
found in the file ChangeLog that comes with sane-backends.
New with 1.0.13, released 2003-11-22:
* New backends: mustek_pp_ccd (for Mustek parport CCD scanners),
plustek_pp (for Plustek parport scanners, splitted from the plustek backend).
* Updated backends: avision, canon630u, coolscan, epson, fujitsu, gphoto2,
gt68xx, hp, hp5400, mustek, mustek_pp, pie, plustek, snapscan, teco2, test,
* New internal interface for parport scanners.
* Networking (IPv6 + subnet support) fixes + updates.
* sane-find-scanner can detect some USB scanner chipsets now.
* Better support for threading.
* Port to MS Windows (Cygwin).
* Portability fixes (especially for FreeBSD, MacOS X, OS/2).
* Build system improvements.
* Added new (Bulgarian, Czech and Italian) and updated existing translations.
* The level of support for scanners is now: unsupported, minimal, basic, good,
complete or untested (instead of alpha, beta, stable).
* Documentation updates.