[sane-devel] Agfa Duoscan T1200 and 1.0.13-pre3

Sakari Aaltonen sakari@aplac.hut.fi
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:36:02 +0200 (EET)

I have a number of problems with my Duoscan T1200.

1. XSane 0.92 lists both snapscan and microtek2 as possible backends
   but, in fact, only microtek2 works (using snapscan puts the scanner
   into a non-operational state that it only gets out of when reset).
2. The maximum resolution allowed by XSane 0.92 is 600 - should it
   not be 1200? I mean - the scanner's name would seem to mean
   that 1200 is the maximum.
3. XSane's Preview does not work at all. There is an error message
   saying the scanner could not be started due to an I/O error.
   However, _Scan_ does work. (This is new with 0.92; the previous
   version, IIRC 0.86, did previews OK.)
4. The picture window produced with XSane/Scan is so large that it fills
   my screen completely. As the top bar is not visible, I cannot move the
   window (I can just resize it, but not move it.) I mean - the scanned
   image is not this large;  the window showing it is. (This is also new
   with 0.92; the previous version did not exhibit this problem.)

Sakari Aaltonen