[sane-devel] Agfa Duoscan T1200 and 1.0.13-pre3

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:22:53 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 09:36:02PM +0200, Sakari Aaltonen wrote:
> I have a number of problems with my Duoscan T1200.

Well, it's not listed as supported at all in our lists. I'll cc this
mail to the maintainer of the microtek2 backend: Karsten, should that
scanner be added to the microtek2 backend (at least as "minimal
support")?

> 1. XSane 0.92 lists both snapscan and microtek2 as possible backends
>    but, in fact, only microtek2 works (using snapscan puts the scanner
>    into a non-operational state that it only gets out of when reset).

If you don't get answers on this list, you can also try to contact the
maintainer of the microtek2 backend directly: Karsten Festag
<karsten.festag@gmx.de>

> 2. The maximum resolution allowed by XSane 0.92 is 600 - should it
>    not be 1200? I mean - the scanner's name would seem to mean
>    that 1200 is the maximum.

I can't speak about that specific scanner but I know about scanners
that are named "1200" and their real resolution is 600 dpi. So it may
be just marketing.

> 3. XSane's Preview does not work at all. There is an error message
>    saying the scanner could not be started due to an I/O error.
>    However, _Scan_ does work. (This is new with 0.92; the previous
>    version, IIRC 0.86, did previews OK.)

That's strange. XSane itsself doesn't know anything about that
scanner. The backend (microtek2) does all the low-level work. So maybe
the backend version also changed?

> 4. The picture window produced with XSane/Scan is so large that it fills
>    my screen completely. As the top bar is not visible, I cannot move the
>    window (I can just resize it, but not move it.) I mean - the scanned
>    image is not this large;  the window showing it is. (This is also new
>    with 0.92; the previous version did not exhibit this problem.)

That's an xsane issue. I haven't seen it happeneing here, however. Ask
Oliver Rauch <Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-domain.de> if you don't get answers
here.

With my window mangaer (enlightenment) I can move such windows by
pressing ALT + left mouse button anywhere in the window.