[sane-devel] New release of sane-backends?

Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:56:53 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 11:35:21AM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> i have done the first steps of modifying scanadf so that it uses the
> stiff.h library and can output tiff files as well as pnm. the problem is
> that stiff.h would need to be copied from sane-backends/frontends to
> sane-frontends where scanadf lives.

I don't think that's a problem. Just check from time to time if the
file was changed in sane-backends so bug-fixes are ported to
sane-frontends.

> the other option is to move scanadf into sane-backends (even though it is
> a front end :)

No, please don't. Maybe we should have even moved scanimage to
sane-frontends when we did the split but now it's too late.

> my code is not ready for production, but i am unsure where to put it
> anyway...

When it's ready, just add it to CVS. Well, asking here if the patch is
ok doesn't harm.