[sane-devel] current CVS on MacOSX

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:58:53 +0200

Hi,

On Thursday 09 October 2003 19:51, Beat Birkhofer wrote:
> Currently testing with a LIDE 20...

okay.

> Compilation fails:
>
> sanei_thread.c: In function `local_thread':
> sanei_thread.c:159: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
> sanei_thread.c:160:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC
> extension
> sanei_thread.c:207:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC
> extension

can be ingored currently... (at least should disappear with the new versi=
on)

> sanei_thread.c: In function `sanei_thread_waitpid':
> sanei_thread.c:272: `PTHREAD_CANCELED' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> sanei_thread.c:272: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> sanei_thread.c:272: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [sanei_thread.o] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> After quickhack-workarounding those errors it works. The reader process
> starts, but obviously then something goes wrong, the app just hangs
> after

How does this workaround look like? What is the replacement of
PTHREAD_CANCELED?=20
in pthread.h it is defined as=20
#define PTHREAD_CANCELED ((void *) -1)

Please checkout the latest sanei_thread, I've included this.

> [sanei_lm983x] sanei_lm983x_read: read 2556 bytes
> [sanei_lm983x] sanei_lm983x_read: succeeded
> [plustek] usb_ScanReadImage() done, result: 0
> [plustek] reader_process: finished reading data
> [plustek] sane_read - read 1269 bytes
> [plustek] sane_read - read -1 bytes

Oh, I remember this problem. Can you please enable the debug-messages of
sanei_thread: export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_THREAD=3D20
The output of sanei_lm983x is not needed there.

I remember your pthread approach in spring this year, is it possible to c=
ross-
check  this (which I assume that it worked) with the current version?

Thanks for helping
  Gerhard