[sane-devel] Epson 1670 Driver Support

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:03:56 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:27:29AM +1000, D.V. Rogers wrote:
> Looking at options for epson scanners with sane driver support.Wondering
> if anyone has sucessfully used the Perfection 1670 scanner with Sane?

I haven't seen any report yet.

> The Sane supported devices web page indicates driver are stable with the
> 1640, 1650 and 1660 scanners. At a hunch my guess is that I should be
> able to get the 1670 working with Sane?.

There has been some discusiion about that topic and the ChangeLog of
our development version reads:

2003-10-07  Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>
	    * backend/snapscan.h backend/snapscan-scsi.c
	      Updates for Epson Perfection 1670

2003-10-07  Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>
	    * backend/snapscan.h backend/snapscan.c backend/snapscan-option.c
	      Initial support for Epson Perfection 1670, minor bugfix
	        (#300247)

So I propose you get a development snapshot from
http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/ and try. It may be necessary to
set up things manually. I haven't checked that.

Oliver: Does the scanner already work? If yes, can you add an entry
for that scanner to the snapscan.desc file?

I'm getting quite some questions about that scanner since some days.