[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1660 Photo

khk@khk.net khk@khk.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

> Yesterday I upgraded to sane 1.0.12 and xsane 0.92.  Experienced seg
> faults when invoking xsane. I commented out "epson" in dll.conf and
> added "epkowa". This forced sane to use the Epson Kowa backend
> libsane-epkowa. Seg faults ceased. The Epson Kowa backend to sane works
> great. You might try and see if they will allow it to be distributed
> with sane. It is GPL or an approved variant  I believe.
>
> Running RH 8.0 with Kernal 2.4.18-17.8.0
>
> and gcc 3.2.2 to compile all source (sane, xsane and Epson Kowa source).

>From the last line I gather that you did compile Sane 1.0.12 yourself and
did not install an RPM package.

Can you (in addition to the information that Henning already requested),
also send the contents of your epson.conf file. Also, are you using
the scanner kernel module (scanner.o) or libusb?

When you upgraded, did you remove the old Sane version? Which version
were you running before? Was this also compiled by yourself, or did you
replace Red Hat's packaged version?

I've never heard about a crash with 1.0.12 before, so please provide
as much information as you can.

Karl Heinz