[sane-devel] Possible Fujitsu Driver Bug

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Chris Chesney wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First off, I am new to this list (I just subscribed today), but have
> done a few searches without finding anything related to my problem.
>
> I have a Fujitsu 3091 scanner attached via SCSI to a RedHat 9 Compaq
> Laptop.  I'm running version 1.0.12 of sane-backends.  We're creating a
> custom application in Java using the japi wrapper code provided with
> Sane.  The problem is that I was getting "5/38/0: Invalid field in parm
> list" because of garbage in the fujitsu structure.  I tracked it down to
> a problem in backend/fujitsu.c where the structure wasn't being
> initialized after being allocated.  In the attachScanner function, I
> added the 2 memset lines after these two sections of code.  This seemed
> to fix the problem.  Let me know if you need more information.

1. have added your fix to the cvs version of the backend. thanks for the
heads up.
2. the 3091 seems to have weirdness with color mode. could you try to do a
color scan and see what it looks like? (maybe a duplex one as well?)

> As a side note, I've modified the japi wrapper code to be part of a
> package so it can be used by other java packages and would be willing to
> contribute that as well if you are interested.

cant comment on that, i dont touch java :) but you could try sending a
separate mail about that, with the japi in the subject line....

allan