[sane-devel] Back-end for Minolta DSE5400?

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:00:40 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 09:17:00PM -0700, William D. Tallman wrote:
> Is there any development intended for the Minolta DSE5400?

That's the "Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400"?

I don't think so. That scanner is not even mentioned in our lists. Can
you provide more details about the scanner? E.g. the output of
"cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" and "sane-find-scanner -v -v" when the
scanner is plugged in.

> If so, what is the status?  If not, does anyone know why not?

Usually the reason is simple: None of the users of this scanner has
started the development effort :-)

If the scanner uses the same chipset as one of the already supported
devices, a SANE developer may be able to adjust the code easily. On
the other hand if it's a completely new or unsupported chipset, it's
up to you or another owner of such a device to write a backend.

See