[sane-devel] Re: Horizontal color stripes for Mustek 12000SP+/APA-1480A in hi-res scans

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:49:04 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 06:14:02PM +0100, junk@lsweb.de wrote:
> has anybody an explanantion for the following problem:
> When scanning in color and exceeding 300dpi I get really ugly
> horizontal color stripes across roughly the upmost 2cm of the
> scan.

Can you put an example scan on a webpage?

> This does not seem to be connected to the aix7xxx drivers
> in Linux 2.4.22 (both aic7xxx and aic7xxx_old exhibit that
> problem) and when hooking up the scanner to my second SCSI Card
> (a Symbios Logic 53c875) the scans are just fine... In grayscale,
> high res scans work fine on the Adaptec also.

Unfortunately, I don't have that scanner anymore. But last time I
checked, it worked for me. A test with the ScanExpress 6000 SP at
maximum resolution didn't show any problems.

> Experimenting with the option linedistance-fix in mustek.conf did
> not remedy the situation at all.

You could try if changing option buffersize changes the behaviour.

> [mustek] sane_init: config file line 20: buffersize set to 2048 kb for /dev/sg3

Looks like you already tried... Try reducing that to 128 if you
haven't tried.