[sane-devel] HP 3200c

CARLOS EDUARDO DANTAS DE MENEZES carlos.edmenezes@sp.senac.br
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:15:01 -0200

Hi people!

I don't get to do my HP3200c runs. I'm running Debian (unstable) and I'm =
using libsane 1.0.12-7. My dll.conf is:

# /etc/sane.d/dll.conf -  Configuration file for the SANE dynamic =
backend loader
#
# See the end of this file for information on some specific backends.

# enable the next line if you want to allow access through the network:
#net
#abaton
#agfafocus
#apple
#avision
#artec
#artec_eplus48u
#as6e
#bh
#canon
#canon630u
#canon_pp
#coolscan
#coolscan2
#dc25
#dc210
#dc240
#dmc
#epson
#fujitsu
#gphoto2
#gt68xx
hp
hpsj5s
hp5400
#ibm
#leo
#ma1509
#matsushita
#microtek
#microtek2
#mustek
mustek_pp
#mustek_usb
#nec
#pie
#plustek
#pnm
#qcam
#ricoh
#s9036
#sceptre
#sharp
#sm3600
#snapscan
#sp15c
#st400
#tamarack
#teco1
#teco2
#teco3
#test
#umax
umax_pp
#umax1220u
#v4l

# The following backends are not part of the SANE distribution
# but are provided by the libsane-extras Debian package
#hp4200
#niash
# The HP OfficeJet backend is not part of the SANE distribution
# but is provided by the hpoj Debian package
#hpoj

My umax_pp.conf is:

# For documentation see sane-umax_pp(5)

# GLOBAL #

# size (in bytes) of scan buffer (default: 2 megabyte)
option buffer 2097152

# DEVICES #

# specify the port your scanner is connected to. Possible are 0x378 =
(lp0)
# 0x278 (lp2) and 0x3c8 (lp1)
#
# on linux systems, you may provide the device name of the ppdev =
character
# device : /dev/parport0, /dev/parport1, ......
#
# on *BSD, you may provide the device name of the ppi device: /dev/ppi0,
# /dev/ppi1, ...
# default is ppdev since major use of the backend is for linux
port /dev/parport0
#port /dev/lp0
# the following options are local to this scanner
# brightness for red channel, if not given, will be automatically =
computed
# must be between 0 and 15
#option red-brightness 8

# brightness for green channel, if not given, will be automatically =
computed
# must be between 0 and 15
#option green-brightness 4

# brightness for blue channel, if not given, will be automatically =
computed
# must be between 0 and 15
#option blue-brightness 8

# contrast for red channel, if not given, will default to 0
# must be between 0 and 15
#option red-contrast 2

# contrast for green channel, if not given, will default to 0
# must be between 0 and 15
#option green-contrast 1

# contrast for blue channel, if not given, will default to 0
# must be between 0 and 15
#option red-contrast 2

# contrast for green channel, if not given, will default to 0
# must be between 0 and 15
#option green-contrast 1

# contrast for blue channel, if not given, will default to 0
# must be between 0 and 15
#option blue-contrast 1

#
#
# model number
#
# valid values are 610, 1220, 1600 and 2000
#
# by default, no model, we rely on autodetection
# in case you have black or 'inverted' scans,
# you may prevent detection by providing the
# model number
#option astra 1220

Parallel port is configured as EPP:

# quiteinsane
No device were found
[umax_pp_low] Found 0xFF expected 0x00  (umax_pp_low.c:5002)
[umax_pp_low] Unexpected value for for register 0x0D, expected 0x00 or =
0x40, got 0x18 ! (umax_pp_low.c:5073)
[umax_pp_low] SlowNibbleRegisterRead: found 0x20 expected 0x0 =
(umax_pp_low.c:5084)
[umax_pp_low] SlowNibbleRegisterRead: found 0xC expected 0x4 =
(umax_pp_low.c:5135)
[umax_pp_low] Loop 4, char 481 EPPReadBuffer failed! =
(umax_pp_low.c:5224)

.....another try:

# quiteinsane
No device were found
[umax_pp_low] Found 0x11 expected 0x00  (umax_pp_low.c:5002)
[umax_pp_low] Unexpected value for for register 0x0D, expected 0x00 or =
0x40, got 0x18 ! (umax_pp_low.c:5073)
[umax_pp_low] SlowNibbleRegisterRead: found 0x20 expected 0x0 =
(umax_pp_low.c:5084)
[umax_pp_low] SlowNibbleRegisterRead: found 0xC expected 0x4 =
(umax_pp_low.c:5135)
[umax_pp_low] RegisterRead, found 0xFF expected 0x1F =
(umax_pp_low.c:5203)

# dmesg | grep parport
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).

Any sugestions?

Regards,

Carlos Menezes