[sane-devel] xscanimage - side-by-side dialog

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:42:49 -0100

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:36, Alex Perry wrote:
> I'm using a scanner with enough options that the window is twice as tall
> as my screen when the advanced panel is enabled.  Since I'm using some of
> the advanced options, and the scan button is at the bottom while the file
> name is at the top of the window, I've put the two panels side by side.
>
> I've put the trivial change below in case anyone else has need of it.
> I'm wondering whether the options feature creep on the scanners will
> continue to stay ahead of available screen resolution on monitors ?
> It might be a good idea to have a menu item that switches between the
> normal vbox and this alternative hbox arrangement as a standard feature.
>
> $ grep -C3 -n ALEX gtkglue.c
> 871-
> 872-  main_hbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);
> 873-
> 874:  /* ALEX CHANGED the vbox on the next line to be a hbox */
> 875-  option_vbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);
> 876-  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (main_hbox), option_vbox, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
> 877-  gtk_widget_show (option_vbox);
>
> Not a patch, sorry, I haven't finished switching my CVS from hungry to alioth.

Placing it on alioth on the sane bug/wish list is a good way for keeping
track of the progress on this bug/wish.
I like the idee of a menu item to select the shape of box and will
certainly use the patch as soon as possibly.

--
m.vr.gr.