[sane-devel] question about Option_Value union

Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:31:49 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 08:34:03AM +0000, stef wrote:
> 	I've put up a patch moving Option_Value declaration in sanei_backend.h, and
> modifying backends include to use it at
>
> 	http://perso.wanadoo.fr/septieme/Option_Value.patch

Thanks. I think it's basically ok. I'll have a more detailed look when
CVS is working again.

> 	Before going further, it should be reviewed. I noticed that there are some
> variations between backends in the usage of #include <> and #include "" . But it's
> only cosmetic.

The "best" way is to use #include "../include/sane/sanei_backend.h".
The idea of all that #include variations is to be sure to use the
headers that come with that exact version of SANE and not some headers
installed on the system. It doesn't matter anymore becasue we don't
install sanei_ headers for years now.

I'm a bit suspicious about that "SANE_Range white_level_range" from
teco2.h. I don't think it belongs to the Option_Value union. A range
can't be an option value I think. But I'll look at that issue later.

bye,
  Henning