[sane-devel] problem in compiling on cygwin

Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:58:28 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:18:41AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to check if saned works on windows, so I installed
> cygwin and downloaded the latest release of sane-backedns. I got an
> error that happens even using backends from CVS:

> checking for CC... CC
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
> checking whether CC accepts -g... no
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Is there anyone aware of this problem?

I haven't heard about that problem until now. Can you show us the
complete output of configure and also config.log?

Doesn't use cygwin gcc? I'd expect "checking for gcc... gcc" in this
case. And it looks strange to check for the "C++" preprocessor if
there is no C++-compiler.