[sane-devel] minor: libusb not recognized

Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:55:05 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:42:09PM +0200, Julien TIERNY wrote:
> here's my sane-find-scanner's output:
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0a01, chip=GL646_HP?) at libusb:005:002

Ah, nice. Thanks.

> which is quite expectable since I entered manually my scanner's ids in
> genesys.conf

Not really. sane-find-scanner would have found your scanner without
adding the ids to genesys.conf. In fact, sane-find-scanner doesn't
care about anything in any .conf file :-)

> but I guess I missed something because first, the other supported scanners
> appear in the list (I have some other devices at the mentioned addresses).
> and moreover, here are sane utilities outputs:
>
> scanimage:
> "
> scanimage genesys:libusb
> scanimage: no SANE devices found

I think you must also add the USB ids to the genesys backend itsself.
That may change when it's really a backend and not just a bunch of
functions :-)

> xscanimage:
> "
> xscanimage genesys:libusb
> xscanimage: relocation error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-genesys.so.1: undefined
> symbol: sanei_usb_init
> "

Maybe two different versions of SANE again?