[sane-devel] problem in compiling on cygwin

Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:11:48 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:27:12PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> checking for CC... CC
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
> checking whether CC accepts -g... no
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>
> That's from libtool. Looks like it checks for C++ compilers and thinks
> CC is one of those. What is CC in reality?

I have been told that CC *is* a c++ compiler. So if anything is called
CC on your system which can't compile c++ code that may be an
installation problem. Mayve CC is just a link to gcc which shouldn't
exist because the c++ compiler isn't installed?

libtool shouldn't check for all those languages but I haven't found an
easy way to disable these checks without manual fiddling.