[sane-devel] Sane and Umax Astra MX3

Marcio Pereira marciosp01@terra.com.br
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:08:06 -0300

I tried the TWAIN SANE Interface Version 0.6 and the SANE backends
1.0.13-cvs 2004-03-27.
I tried it first with a SCSI connection and afer that an USB connection.
The interesting thing is that Graphic Converter and Photoshop seem to
recognize Sane but the System Profiler doesn't.
And the scanner doesn't work at all.
I have sent a mail to Oliver Rauch who told me that (quote):

"I sent a mail to sane-devel some weeks ago
where was listed a link to a binary of someone
who made it work by changing some things
in some sanei_* parts.

Please search the sane-devel list for it and
try that version".

The problem is that I don't know how to search. All this is Greek to me but
I could use some help fom you guys to run my scanner.
Thanks