[sane-devel] problem in compiling on cygwin

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:01:26 +0200

Il lun, 2004-04-05 alle 21:18, Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
> Il lun, 2004-04-05 alle 19:11, Henning Meier-Geinitz ha scritto:
[...]
> maybe it find CC since the file system is case insensitive and CC is
> really cc. I'll have a check tomorrow.

Today I completed my tests and I workarounded the problem.

In cygwin a file system case insensitive makes CC runs cc, as shown in
this text:

$ which CC
/usr/bin/CC
$ which cc
/usr/bin/cc
$ ls /usr/bin/[Cc][Cc]*
/usr/bin/cc.exe /usr/bin/ccache.exe /usr/bin/ccmake.exe

moreover 'cc --version' and 'CC --version' give the same output.

So I installed gcc-g++ to make CC act as a C++ compiler (since it is a
frontend that call cc1plus from gcc-c++ package).

Now, when your configure script run, it find CC and test if it is a C++
compiler and the test succeed.

Bye,
Giuseppe