[sane-devel] Re: canoscan 5500F driver ?

Thibault North tnorth@bluewin.ch
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:40:05 +0200

Hello,
I already sent an email about that scanner, because I wanted to write a
driver for it. Unfortunately, I don't really have time now (exams) and I
absolutely don't know how to write that driver. What I wanted to do for
the beginning is trying to send basic orders to the scanner via USB, but
I understood I had to use libusb etc, which seems quite complicated to do.
So if someone owns this scanner too and wants to help, maybe something
could be done... or if someone who already did an USB driver wants to
try and explain me basic things this summer, it would be perfect :)

Thanks,
Thibault North