[sane-devel] EPSON PERFECTION 1670 scanner

remi.malatray remi.malatray
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:55:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,

Pleased by the numeric photograph advantages, I have been stucked for
years in front of the prices.

I've imagined the alternative for this was the digital colour scanner,
which could also lead to various purposes : old photographs
numerization, photocopy of documents with a printer...

I've found the sane project on the web last week, and found it pretty
huge. But the whole thing compiled without problems. I've tried so far
to purchase a scanner, and found the EPSON PERFECTION 1670 last
Monday, which is specially equiped for photo numerization, and even
negatives, and supported by sane.

Though it has been a pain to make it work on my Linux machine (for
those who it might be the same, just look for "article121.html" on the
web), I'm very satisfied with the result. Xsane is a great and
powerful application !

I only have one regret : negatives scanning doesn't seem to work. I've
tried so hard to find something about this matter somewhere, but
didn't succeed. Maybe is it because it's a brand new product.

Is there any chance we can get it to work with negatives with sane ?

Thanks for answer...