[sane-devel] Bearpaws 2448TA Plus scanner configuration

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:30:14 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 03:52:47AM -0500, Sharon Lim Lee Chin wrote:
> I have installed Redhat 9.0. I just bought a Bearpaws 2448TA Plus scanner.
> I would like to know the way to configure this scanner.
>
> When I used sane-find-scanner command, it found usb-scanner but when
> I used command scanimage -L no scanner devices found?

That's what I'd expect. The scanner is not supported in the stable
version of SANE that probably comes with Redhat. However, it is at
least partially with the development version of SANE. See our scanner
search engine:
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=mustek&model=2448&bus=any

So get a snapshot from http://www.sane-project.org and install it.