[sane-devel] EPSON PERFECTION 1670 scanner

Terry Boldt qtt@attglobal.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:45:15 -0400

On Thursday 15 April 2004 11:40, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 18:55, remi.malatray wrote:
> > Is there any chance we can get it to work with negatives with sane ?
>
> xsane can scan negatives, but I personnally have been disappointed with
> the results, even with a Nikon Coolscan III
> Negative scanning seems to be one of the weakness of XSane.
>
> If I'm wrong, please correct me.
>
> Hub

I find vuescan to be superior to xsane for scanning negatives with the Ep=
son=20
1660 (I think the 1670 is essentially the same thing). The mechanics are =
much=20
easier. Defining the scan areas is easy.

Terry