[sane-devel] Whatever happened to...

Steven Ellis viceo@stevencherie.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:53:07 +1200

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 02:56, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (cc'ing Steven Ellis)
>
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 12:37:56AM +0100, Alexis, who is a Genius wrote:
> > Steven Ellis?
> >
> > I ask because he was the maintainer for the Primax usb backend - but seems to
> > have stopped maintaining it since kernel 2.4.19.
> >
> > I would like to suggest that the Primax Colorado 19200 usb is no longer listed
> > as supported, I've never got mine to work, and no-one on the Primax mailiing
> > list has reported one as working afaik - in fact I cannot find any report of
> > one working.  It depends on Steven's kernel patch and patch for sane (unless
> > these have been merged now) and also a couple of closed source files from the
> > windows driver.  Anyone know different, I'd certainly be interested!
>
> Is this specific for the Primax Colorado 19200?
>
> Is there anyone out there who got any of the scanners supported by the
> viceo backend running?
>
> Are there patches to the backend that work with libusb/sanei_usb or at
> least without patching the kernel?

Well I haven't done any work on the backend for quite some time. We have
pretty much stopped using the scanner as we now use a digital camera
instead.

I'm more than happy if someone else want to work on libusb/sanei_usb
support, but until that happens a custom kernel patch will still be
needed.

I'm looking at updating my kernel in the next month to a more recent
2.4.x branch so I might take a look at the 2.4.x patch then, but i doubt
there will be a patch for 2.6.x

Sorry

Steve
--