[sane-devel] sane, 2.6 + hotplug scripts
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:38:09 +0100
- recompiled sane with libusb support
- added hotplugging support to the kernel
- copied tools/hotplug/libsane.usermap and libusbscanner to
- verified my scanner (acer640U) is in libsane.usermap
- ran /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
With the presence of libsane.usermap in /etc/hotplug/usb/ that start up
scripts go crazy
outputting stff to the screen. /proc/bus/usb/ permissions remain as root.
The scripts are exactly as they are in the distribution tarballs.
Using latest sane backend 14-pre from Gentoo.
Thank you for your time. (Please Type "REPLY:" in subject field if you wish
to highlight your response, thx). firstname.lastname@example.org is just my email
provider of choice, that's all; I agree with thier policies over email.
Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you.